Updated: March 30, 2023
- 4thirTEEN will meet after school today in the library
- German Club will meet tomorrow morning in room A255 at 7AM.
- Social Wise Club will meet tomorrow in the library from 3-4
- Hats for the Homeless will meet tomorrow in room A115 at 3P
- Chess Club will meet Monday, April 3, in classroom A289 from 3 to 4 pm
The cafe will be open during all lunch periods. Today is Thirsty Thursday! Don’t forget to come by during your lunch to get a scone and try our new brownie hazelnut shake and our new white chocolate strawberry Frap! We also now accept cards!
- Latin American Appreciation Club will meet today, March 30th in room A112 from 3-4P
- Investing Club on Friday at 3pm in Coach Herrin's room CTE 910
AP Review Sessions
- AP Statistics review will begin Monday, April 3 in Dr. Norris's classroom every morning from 7-7:30 am.
- AP Psychology review will be starting on Monday's and Wednesday's in Mr. Forbes' classroom A112 and Mr. Douglas' classroom A116 on Tuesday's and Thursday's 3-4pm. Students are encouraged to attend a review that fits their schedule
- AP Euro Students! Come see Mrs. Edwards this week to pick up a review guide to help you prepare for the upcoming AP Euro Exam!
- AP Macroeconomics and AP Macroeconomic students - Reviews for exam begin this week. Stop by Dr. Burgin's room for details.
- AP World History review sessions will start next after school on Thursday in room 517!
- Attention APUSH Students! APUSH reviews have started! Be sure to contact your APUSH Teacher for the days and times of the reviews during the week
- AP Human Geography students: Come to Coach Hazell’s room before school from 7-7:30 to review / study for the AP exam
Academic Achievement Program
Seniors: If you received an invitation to the Academic Achievement Program and were unable to attend, please come by the SH Main Office to pick up your awards.
Jostens will be in the Grand Topper Hall THIS Thursday from 11-1pm to distribute Cap/Gown/Graduation orders that were not picked up on March 23.
Summer School Registration
Summer school Registration is open. Please see your counselor to get registered. In-person instruction for: Algebra 1, Geometry, Algebra 2, English 1, English 2, Biology, Chemistry, World History & Geography.
Senior Speaker Applications
Seniors with at least a 3.0 GPA, no suspensions during senior year, and with satisfactory attendance may apply to be the senior speaker at graduation. Application packets will be available in the main office beginning Monday, April 3. The deadline to turn in complete applications is April 14, at 3:00 pm.
Summer Community Service
Earn Community Service this summer through campus beautification projects. You can earn up to 60 hours this summer. See your Counselor for more details
Varsity Dance Team
Any rising 10th thru 12th grader interested in trying out for the Science Hill Varsity Dance Team for the 2023-2024 school year needs to attend the mandatory parent meeting on April 4th at 6:00 pm in the Grand Topper Hall. The tryout clinic will be April 25th and 26th from 3:30 - 5:30 and tryouts will be April 28th at 3:30 in the Old Gym. If you have any questions, please contact Coach Van VanEaton or Mrs. Bennett at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Counseling Department Announcements
Counseling Department Newsletter
Students and Parents, the SHHS Counseling Department has created a newsletter to push out to families biweekly with the most updated information and with links to important information. Our most recent newsletter can be found HERE. Feel free to subscribe so you can get notifications when a new newsletter has been published. We desire to keep you informed and we hope this will help achieve that goal.